This Agreement was last updated on January 28, 2011.
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN AND READ THE SUBSCRIBER AGREEMENT BELOW. This Subscriber Agreement governs your use to The Chicago Daily Law Bulletin Online ("ChicagoLawBulletin.com"), which are electronic news and information services from the Law Bulletin Publishing Company. Your use of ChicagoLawBulletin.com is subject to this Subscriber Agreement and constitutes your consent to all such terms, conditions, policies, and notices embodied in this Subscriber Agreement. If you do not agree to be bound by this Subscriber Agreement, cease use of ChicagoLawBulletin.com.
1. Changes to Subscriber Agreement. We may change the terms of this Agreement at any time by notifying you of the change either electronically or in writing. The changes also will appear in this document. Your use of ChicagoLawBulletin.com after changes are made to this Agreement means that you agree to be bound by such changes.
3. Fees and Payments. As a Subscriber you agree to pay the Subscription Fees and any other charges incurred in connection with your user name and password for ChicagoLawBulletin.com (including any applicable taxes) at the rates in effect when the charges were incurred. We will bill all charges automatically to your credit card. Subscription Fees will be billed at the beginning of your subscription or any renewal. All fees and charges are nonrefundable. We may change the fees and charges then in effect, or add new fees or charges, by giving you notice in advance. If you want to use a different credit card or there is a change in credit card validity or expiration date, or if you believe someone has accessed ChicagoLawBulletin.com using your user name and password without your authorization, you must call Law Bulletin Customer Service at the telephone numbers posted on the Contact Us page. You are responsible for any fees or charges incurred to access ChicagoLawBulletin.com through an Internet service provider or other third party service. You can always find the current Subscription Fees for ChicagoLawBulletin.com by selecting Subscribe.
If you are authorized to access ChicagoLawBulletin.com through arrangements between your employer and us, some or all of these "Fees and Payments" terms may not apply to you. Please contact your employer for details.
4. Renewal. Your subscription will renew automatically, unless we terminate it or you notify us by telephone or mail of your decision to terminate your subscription. You must cancel your subscription before it renews in order to avoid billing of Subscription Fees for the renewal term to your credit card.
5. Limitations on Use. Associated Press text, photo, graphic audio and/or video material shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium. Neither these AP materials nor any portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for personal and non-commercial use. AP will not be held liable for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions therefrom or in the transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof or for any damages arising from any of the foregoing.
a. Only one individual may access ChicagoLawBulletin.com at the same time using the same user name or password, unless we agree otherwise.
b. The content available through ChicagoLawBulletin.com is our property or the property of our licensors and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. You may display or print the content available through ChicagoLawBulletin.com for your personal, non-commercial use only.
You agree not to sell, publish, distribute, retransmit or otherwise provide access to the content received through ChicagoLawBulletin.com to anyone, including your fellow employees, with the following two exceptions:
i) Non-electronic copying of any article or a portion of an article from ChicagoLawBulletin.com is prohibited without permission from Law Bulletin. Copied articles must include all copyright and other proprietary rights notices in the same form in which the notices appear in ChicagoLawBulletin.com, original source attribution, and the phrase &quo;Used with permission from The Chicago Daily Law Bulletin Online.&quo; Please consult the Law Bulletin at 312.644.7800 or visit our Contact Us page for reprints if you need to distribute an article from ChicagoLawBulletin.com to a larger number of individuals, on a regular basis or in any other manner not expressly permitted by this Agreement.
(ii) You may occasionally use our "Email to a Friend" service to e-mail an article from ChicagoLawBulletin.com to a few individuals, without charge. You are not permitted to use this service for the purpose of regularly providing other users with access to content from ChicagoLawBulletin.com.
c. You agree not to create abstracts from, scrape or display headlines from our content fro use on another web site or service. You agree not to post any content from ChicagoLawBulletin.com to newsgroups, mail lists or electronic bulletin boards, without our written consent.
To request consent for this and other matters, please contact Law Bulletin Customer Service at 312.644.7800 or through our Contact Us form.
d. You agree not to use ChicagoLawBulletin.com for any unlawful purpose. We reserve the right to terminate or restrict your access to ChicagoLawBulletin.com if, in our opinion, your use of ChicagoLawBulletin.com may violate any laws, infringe upon another person's rights or violate the terms of this Agreement. Also, we may refuse to grant you a user name that impersonates someone else, is protected by trademark or other proprietary right law, or is vulgar or otherwise offensive.
6. Third Party Web Sites. We may link to, or promote, web sites or services from other companies on ChicagoLawBulletin.com or offer you the ability to download software from other companies. You agree that we are not responsible for, and do not control, those web sites, services and software.
7. DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF CHICAGOLAWBULLETIN.COM AND THE CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH CHICAGOLAWBULLETIN.COM IS ON AN "AS-IS," "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS AND WE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE DO NOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE, AND YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ASSISTANCE OF A PROFESSIONAL FOR LEGAL ADVICE.
THE LAW BULLETIN PUBLISHING COMPANY AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND LICENSORS ("THE LAW BULLETIN PARTIES") WILL NOT BE LIABLE (JOINTLY OR SEVERALLY) TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON AS A RESULT OF YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF CHICAGOLAWBULLETIN.COM FOR INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATIONS, LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS AND LOST REVENUES (COLLECTIVELY, THE "EXCLUDED DAMAGES"), WHETHER OR NOT CHARACTERIZED IN NEGLIGENCE, TORT CONTRACT, OR OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, EVEN IF ANY OF THE LAW BULLETIN PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF OR COULD HAVE FORESEEN ANY OF THE EXCLUDED DAMAGES, AND IRRESPECTIVE OF ANY FAILURE OF AN ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF A LIMITED REMEDY. IF ANY APPLICABLE AUTHORITY HOLDS ANY PORTION OF THIS SECTION TO BE UNENFORCEABLE, THEN THE LAW BULLETIN PARTIES LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST POSSIBLE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
8. General. This Agreement contains the final and entire agreement between us regarding your use of ChicagoLawBulletin.com and supersedes all previous and contemporaneous verbal or written negotiations, understandings, or agreement regarding your use of ChicagoLawBulletin.com. We may discontinue or change ChicagoLawBulletin.com, or its availability to you, at any time. This Agreement is personal to you, which means that you may not assign your rights or obligations under this Agreement to anyone. No third party is a beneficiary of this Agreement. You agree that this Agreement, as well as any and all claims arising from this Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois, United States of America applicable to contracts made entirely within Illinois and wholly performed in Illinois, without regard to any conflict or choice of law principles. The sole jurisdiction and venue for any litigation arising out of this Agreement will be an appropriate federal or state court located in Illinois. This Agreement will not be governed by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
9. Additional Terms and Notices. Associated Press text, photos, graphics, audio and/or video material shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium. Neither Associated Press materials nor any portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for personal and non-commercial use. The Associated Press will not be held liable for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions therefrom or in the transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof or any damages arising from any of the foregoing.
Chicago Daily Law Bulletin®, First Notice®, Case Watch®, Client Finder®, CourtBriefs®, DM2000®, DocuCheck®, DocuFax®, DocuFile®, DocuServices®, Law Bulletin Information Network®, Law Bulletin Information Source®, and Sullivan's Law Directory® are registered trademarks or service marks of the Law Bulletin Publishing Company.